Place:


Horsehay  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Horsehay like this:

HORSEHAY, a hamlet in the E of Salop; on the Wellington and Severn Junction railway, 3¼ miles SE of Wellington. It has a station on the railway, and a postoffice under Wellington, Salop. W. Ball, born here in 1795, weighed upwards of 40 stone in 1850, and was then 6 feet 3 inches in girth, and 5 feet 9 inches high.

Additional information about this locality is available for Dawley

Horsehay through time

Horsehay is now part of Telford and Wrekin district. Click here for graphs and data of how Telford and Wrekin has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Horsehay itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Horsehay, in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25314

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Horsehay ".