Place:


Coalport  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coalport like this:

COALPORT, a village in Broseley parish, Salop; on the Severn Valley railway, at the southern terminus of the Wellington and Severn Junction railway, 2 miles SSE of Ironbridge, and 8 by road, but 9½ by railway, SSE of Wellington. It has a station on both of the railways, a post office under Wellington, Salop, and an extensive porcelain pottery.

Additional information about this locality is available for Broseley

Coalport through time

Coalport is now part of Telford and Wrekin district. Click here for graphs and data of how Telford and Wrekin has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coalport itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coalport, in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25310

Date accessed: 16th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coalport ".