Place:


Willand  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Willand like this:

WILLAND, a parish in Tiverton district, Devon; on the river Culm, near Tiverton-Junction r. station, and 2½ miles NNE of Cullompton. Post town, Cullompton. Acres, 989. Real property, £1,793. Pop., 382. Houses, 82. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £110. Patron, J. Salter, Esq. The church is ancient. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £10.

Willand through time

Willand is now part of Mid Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Willand itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Willand in Mid Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2527

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Willand ".