Place:


Barnstone  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barnstone like this:

BARNSTONE, a chapelry in Langar parish, Notts: 3½ miles S of Elton r. station, and 5 SE of Bingham. Post Town, Elton, under Nottingham. Pop., 169. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Langar, in the diocese of Lincoln.

Additional information about this locality is available for Langar

Barnstone through time

Barnstone is now part of Rushcliffe district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rushcliffe has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barnstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barnstone, in Rushcliffe and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25210

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barnstone ".