Place:


Ditton  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ditton like this:

DITTON, a hamlet in Stoke-Poges parish, Bucks; near the river Thames and the Great Western railway, 2 miles ENE of Windsor. Ditton Park is the seat of Lord Montague; was built, in 1813, by Elizabeth, Duchess of Buccleuch; and occupies the site of an old mansion of the Molinses and the Hungerfords, burnt in 1812.

Additional information about this locality is available for Stoke Poges

Ditton through time

Ditton is now part of Windsor and Maidenhead district. Click here for graphs and data of how Windsor and Maidenhead has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ditton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ditton, in Windsor and Maidenhead and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25136

Date accessed: 20th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ditton ".