Place:


Prawle  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Prawle like this:

PRAWLE, a fishing village in Chivelstone parish, Devon; 6½ miles S E of Kingsbridge. It has a coast-guard station. Prawle-Point is the most southerlyground in Devon; flanks the E side of the entrance of Salcombe haven; consists chiefly of gneiss, all brokeninto crags; and terminates in a curious natural archway, through which a boat might pass in calm weather.

Additional information about this locality is available for Chivelstone

Prawle through time

Prawle is now part of South Hams district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Hams has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Prawle itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Prawle, in South Hams and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25092

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Prawle ".