Place:


Bredbury  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bredbury like this:

BREDBURY, a township-chapelry in Stockport parish, Cheshire; adjacent to the Peak Forest canal, 2 miles ENE of Stockport r. station. Post Town, Stockport. Acres, 2,521. Real property, £15,075; of which £1,398 are in mines. Pop., 3,408. Houses, 676. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Chester. Value, £160.* Patron, alt. the Crown and the Bishop. The church is good; and there are an Independent chapel, and charities £16.

Bredbury through time

Bredbury is now part of Stockport district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stockport has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bredbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bredbury, in Stockport and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/250

Date accessed: 12th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bredbury ".