Place:


Lower Ditchford  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lower Ditchford like this:

DITCHFORD (Lower), a hamlet in Stretton-on-the-Foss parish, Warwick; adjacent to the West Midland railway, and to the boundary with Worcester and Gloucester, 2¾ miles N by W of Moreton-in-the-Marsh. It was formerly a parish; and it still ranks as a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Stretton-on-the-Foss, in the diocese of Worcester; but it has no church.

Additional information about this locality is available for Blockley

Lower Ditchford through time

Lower Ditchford is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lower Ditchford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lower Ditchford, in Cotswold and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24994

Date accessed: 22nd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lower Ditchford ".