Place:


Ouse and Derwent  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ouse and Derwent like this:

OUSE and DERWENT, a wapentake in the W of E. R. Yorkshire; bounded, on the S and the W, by the river Ouse, on the E, by the river Derwent; and containing Dunnington parish, ten other parishes, and parts of three others. Acres, 54, 129. Pop. in 1851, 10, 811; in 1861, 11, 844. Houses, 2, 350.

Ouse and Derwent through time

Ouse and Derwent is now part of Selby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Selby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ouse and Derwent itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ouse and Derwent, in Selby and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24987

Date accessed: 18th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ouse and Derwent ".