Place:


Posbury  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Posbury like this:

POSBURY, a chapelry in Crediton parish, Devon; 2¼ miles S W of Crediton r. station. Post-town, Crediton, North Devon. The statistics are not separately returned. Posbury-hill here was once fortified on the summit; and it commands an extensive view. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, not reported. Patron, J. H. Hippesley, Esq. The church is modern.

Additional information about this locality is available for Crediton

Posbury through time

Posbury is now part of Mid Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Posbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Posbury in Mid Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24951

Date accessed: 21st November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Posbury ".