Place:


Talygarn  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Talygarn like this:

TALYGARN, a chapelry in Llantrisaint parish, Glamorgan, near Llantrisaint r. station. Post town, Cowbridge. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £47. Patron, Jesus College, Oxford.

Additional information about this locality is available for Llantrisant

Talygarn through time

Talygarn is now part of Rhondda; Cynon; Taff district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rhondda; Cynon; Taff has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Talygarn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Talygarn, in Rhondda; Cynon; Taff and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24930

Date accessed: 23rd September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Talygarn ".