Place:


Guston  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Guston like this:

GUSTON, a parish in Dover district, Kent; 2½ miles E by N of Ewell r. station, and 2½ N of Dover. Posttown, Dover. Acres, 1, 421; of which 20 are water. Real property, £2, 554. Pop., 436. Houses, 88. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury; and was annexed in 1868 to the vicarage of River. The church is Norman; has three windows at the west end; and is good. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Guston through time

Guston is now part of Dover district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dover has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Guston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Guston, in Dover and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2493

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Guston ".