Place:


Brockweir  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brockweir like this:

BROCKWEAR, or Brooks-Weir, a village, on extra-parochial ground, contiguous to Havelsfield parish, in Gloucestershire; on the river Wye, 6 miles N of Chepstow. Pop., 212. Here are a Moravian chapel, built in 1832; and remains of an ancient camp.

Additional information about this locality is available for Hewelsfield

Brockweir through time

Brockweir is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brockweir itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brockweir, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24916

Date accessed: 16th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brockweir ".