Place:


Chapel le Dale  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chapel le Dale like this:

CHAPEL-LE-DALE, or Ingleton-Fells, a chapelry in Bentham parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 5 miles NNE of Bentham r. station, and 10½ NW of Settle. Post Town, Bentham, under Lancaster. Pop, 190. The surface is mountainous. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £122.* Patron, the Rector of Bentham.

Additional information about this locality is available for Ingleton

Chapel le Dale through time

Chapel le Dale is now part of Craven district. Click here for graphs and data of how Craven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chapel le Dale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chapel le Dale, in Craven and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24914

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chapel le Dale ".