Place:


Cernioge  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cernioge like this:

CERNIOGE, a locality 10 miles SE of Llanrwst, in Denbigh. A famous inn stood here, on the road from London to Holyhead; and is now a farm house. The ground is high, adjacent to the watershed between the Dee and the Conway; and a spot in the vicinity commands a very grand view of Snowdonia.

Additional information about this locality is available for Pentrefoelas

Cernioge through time

Cernioge is now part of Conwy district. Click here for graphs and data of how Conwy has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cernioge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cernioge, in Conwy and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24913

Date accessed: 27th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cernioge ".