In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gussage St Andrew like this:
GUSSAGE, a tything and a chapelry in Handley parish, Dorset. The tything is conjoint with Minchington, and lies 5½ miles W by N of Cranborne, and 8 NE of Blandford r. station. Real property of G. with M., £1, 992. Pop., 163. The chapelry bears the name of Gussage-St. Andrew; and its post town is Gussage, under Cranborne. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Handley, in the diocese of Salisbury. The church is good.
Additional information about this locality is available for Sixpenny Handley
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Gussage St Andrew has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Dorset. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Gussage St Andrew and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gussage St Andrew in East Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Gussage St Andrew".