Place:


Gaerwen  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gaerwen like this:

GAERWEN, a hamlet in Anglesey; adjacent to the Chester and Holyhead railway, and to the Brain river, 6½ miles WSW of Bangor. It has a station on the railway, a post office under Bangor, and a good inn.

Additional information about this locality is available for Llanfihangel Ysgeifiog

Gaerwen through time

Gaerwen is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Gaerwen itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gaerwen in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24886

Date accessed: 19th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Gaerwen ".