Place:


Dallowgill  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dallowgill like this:

DALLO-GILL, or Dallaghill, a chapelry in Masnam parish, N. R. Yorkshire; 3¾ miles N of Pateley-Bridge r. station, and 7 SSW of Masham. Post town, Pateley-Bridge, under Ripon. Rated property, £750. Pop., 320. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £143.* Patron, the Vicar of Masham. The church is good.

Additional information about this locality is available for Laverton

Dallowgill through time

Dallowgill is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dallowgill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dallowgill, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24881

Date accessed: 26th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dallowgill ".