Place:


Conyngham House  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Conyngham House like this:

CONYNGHAM HOUSE, a seat on the river Nidd, near Knaresborough, W. R. Yorkshire. It belonged formerly to the Coghills; and belongs now to the Dowager Marchioness of Conyngham. Two ancient camps, Saxon and Danish, are in its vicinity.

Additional information about this locality is available for Knaresborough

Conyngham House through time

Conyngham House is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Conyngham House itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Conyngham House, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24866

Date accessed: 19th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Conyngham House ".