In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described New Leeds like this:
LEEDS (NEW), a chapelry in Horton township, Bradford parish, W. R. Yorkshire; suburban to Bradford. It was constituted in 1865; and its post town is Bradford, Yorkshire. Pop., about 6, 000. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, not reported. Patrons, Trustees. The church was built in 1865, and is in the second pointed style.
The location is where the name "New Leeds" appears on the Ordnance Survey 1:10,560 map of Yorkshire of 1852, accessible on the old-maps.co.uk web site. Additional information about this locality is available for Bradford
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing New Leeds has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bradford. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering New Leeds and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of New Leeds, in Bradford and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 03rd December 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "New Leeds".