In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfair Yng Nghornwy like this:
LLANFAIR-YN-GHORNWY, a parish in the district and county of Anglesey; near Camlyn bay, 7½ miles NW of Llanerchymedd r. station, and 7½ NE by N of Holyhead. Post town, Gwindy, under Llangefni, Anglesey. Acres, 2,135. Real property, £1,718. Pop., 293. Houses, 58. The property is divided among a few. Verd-antique, asbestos, and soapstone are found. The antiquities are Castell-Ronin Danish camp, and meinihirion or hero stones. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llanddausaint, in the diocese of Bangor. The church has traces of Norman, was reported in 1859 as not very good, and contains monuments of the Williamses.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanfair Yng Nghornwy has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of the Isle of Anglesey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanfair Yng Nghornwy and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfair Yng Nghornwy in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th July 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanfair Yng Nghornwy".