Place:


Mickley  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Mickley like this:

MICKLEY, a village and a chapelry in Kirkby-Malzeard parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The village stands on the river Ure, amid romantic environs, 5½ miles NW of Ripon r. station; has a post office under Ripon; and is in the township of Azerley. The chapelry is less extensive than the township. Rated property, £530. Pop., 210 'T he property is subdivided. There is a large Mill. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £110.* Patron, the Vicar of Masham. The church is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, and a Church of England school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Kirkby Malzeard

Mickley through time

Mickley is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Mickley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Mickley, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24847

Date accessed: 17th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Mickley ".