Place:


Ystrad Ffin  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ystrad Ffin like this:

YSTRADFFYN, a chapelry in Llandingat parish, Carmarthen; conterminate with Ystrad hamlet, near Llandovery r. station. Post town, Llandovery, under Carmarthen. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £59. Patron, Earl Cawdor.

Additional information about this locality is available for Llanfair Ar Bryn

Ystrad Ffin through time

Ystrad Ffin is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ystrad Ffin itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ystrad Ffin in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24818

Date accessed: 18th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ystrad Ffin ".