Place:


Llanddewir Cwm  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanddewir Cwm like this:

LLANDDEWI-'R-CWM, a parish in Builth district, Brecon, on the river Dihonw, an affluent of the Wye, 2 miles S by W of Builth r. station. Post town, Builth, Breconshire. Acres, 3,101. Real property, £1,889. Pop., 215. Houses, 40. The surface shows some pleasant scenery. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £81. Patron, alternately R. Price, Esq., and V. Pocock, Esq. Charities, £6.

Llanddewir Cwm through time

Llanddewir Cwm is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanddewir Cwm itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanddewir Cwm, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2481

Date accessed: 13th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanddewir Cwm ".