Place:


Llandysul  Montgomeryshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandysul like this:

LLANDYSSIL, a parish in the district and county of Montgomery; near the river Severn, 2 miles SW of Montgomery town and r. station. It has a post office under Montgomery; and it includes the townships of RhandirBronywood, Bryntalch, and Bolbro. Acres, 4,071. Real property, £5,167. Pop., 790. ...


Houses, 169. The property is much subdivided. Woollen weaving is carried on. Ancient British camps are on Goronddû hill and other places. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £373.* Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church was recently in disrepair. Charities, £10.

Llandysul through time

Llandysul is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llandysul itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandysul, in Powys and Montgomeryshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2479

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llandysul ".