Place:


Ford  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ford like this:

FORD, a chapelry, with a village in Hays-Castle parish, Pembroke; on the river Cleddau, near Ad Vigesimum, on the Roman way, 6 miles N W of Clarbeston-Road r. station, and 7 N of Haverfordwest. Post town, Wolfs-Castle, under Haverfordwest. The statistics are returned with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £70. Patron, W. E. Tucker, Esq.

Additional information about this locality is available for Hayscastle

Ford through time

Ford is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ford in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24779

Date accessed: 11th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ford ".