Place:


Copp  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Copp like this:

COPP, a chapelry in-Michael-on-Wyre and Kirkham parishes, Lancashire; adjacent to the Preston and Lancashire railway, 3 miles SSE of Garstang. It was constituted in 1849; and its post-town is Garstang. Pop., 1, 140. Houses, 247. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £190.* Patron, the Vicar of St. Michael-on-Wyre.

Additional information about this locality is available for Great Eccleston

Copp through time

Copp is now part of Wyre district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wyre has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Copp itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Copp, in Wyre and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24752

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Copp ".