In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog like this:
LLANARMON-DYFFRYN-CEIRIOG, a village and a parish in the district of Corwen and county of Denbigh. The village stands on the river Ceiriog, 9 miles WNW of Oswestry r. station; and has a post office, under Llangollen, and a fair on 13 Aug.The parish contains the townships of Llowran, and Llowarch, and comprises 6,557 acres. Real property, £2,801. Pop., 315. Houses, 60. The property is not much divided. Traces exist of a double-ditched camp. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Valne, £250.* Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church was recently in disrepair.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wrexham. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog, in Wrexham and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog".