Place:


Lisvane  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lisvane like this:

LISVANE, or LLYSVAEN, a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan, on the SE border of the county, 3½ miles NE by N of Llandaff r. station, and 5¼ N by E of Cardiff. Post town, Cardiff. Acres, 1,338. Real property, £1,045. Pop., 226. Houses, 48. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £60. Patron, alternately the Baroness Windsor, andK. Kemeys Tynte, Esq. The church is ancient. Charities, £13.

Lisvane through time

Lisvane is now part of Cardiff district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cardiff has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lisvane itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lisvane, in Cardiff and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2471

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lisvane ".