Place:


Ash  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ash like this:

ASH, a hamlet in South Tawton parish, Devon; 4½ miles ESE of Okehampton. Ash House in the vicinity, now a ruin, was a seat of the Drakes, and the birthplace, in 1650, of the mother of the Duke of Marlborough.

Additional information about this locality is available for South Tawton

Ash through time

Ash is now part of West Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ash itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ash in West Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24682

Date accessed: 19th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ash ".