Place:


Great Wymondley  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Wymondley like this:

WYMONDLEY (Great), a parish in Hitchin district, Herts; 1½ mile SE by E of Hitchin r. station. It has a post-office under Stevenage. Acres, 1,120. Real property, £2,552. Pop., 314. Houses, 61. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, united with St. Ippolitts, in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £330.* Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is chiefly Norman and Tudor, in good repair. There are a national school, and charities £9.

Great Wymondley through time

Great Wymondley is now part of North Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Wymondley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Wymondley in North Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2467

Date accessed: 18th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Wymondley ".