Place:


Moulton Chapel  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Moulton Chapel like this:

MOULTON-CHAPEL, a chapelry in Moulton parish, Lincoln; 3¼ miles S by W of Moulton r. station, and 4¼ SE of Spalding. It has a post office under Spalding. Pop. in 1851,450. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £90. Patron, the Vicar of Moulton. The church was built in 1722, and is an octagonal structure.

Additional information about this locality is available for Moulton

Moulton Chapel through time

Moulton Chapel is now part of South Holland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Holland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Moulton Chapel itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Moulton Chapel, in South Holland and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24662

Date accessed: 09th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Moulton Chapel ".