Place:


Lea Bridge  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lea Bridge like this:

LEA-BRIDGE, a quondam hamlet, now a part of Leytonstone, in Leyton parish, Essex; on the river Lea at the boundary with Middlesex, and on the Eastern Counties railway, 5¾ miles NE by N of London. It has a station on the railway, and a post office‡ under Leyton, London NE.

Additional information about this locality is available for Leyton

Lea Bridge through time

Lea Bridge is now part of Waltham Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waltham Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lea Bridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lea Bridge, in Waltham Forest and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24615

Date accessed: 22nd November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lea Bridge ".