Place:


?capel Cadwaladr  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described ?Capel Cadwaladr like this:

CAPEL-CADWALADR, a ruined church in Llandaniel parish, Anglesey; 2 miles NNW of Llanidan. It is very ancient; and makes a claim, but against good evidence, to have been the first church ever erected in the county.

Additional information about this locality is available for Llanidan

?capel Cadwaladr through time

?Capel Cadwaladr is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about ?Capel Cadwaladr itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of ?capel Cadwaladr in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24596

Date accessed: 24th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " ?Capel Cadwaladr ".