In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Old Colwyn like this:
COLWYN, a chapelry in Llandrillo-yn-Rhos parish. Denbigh; on the coast, and on the Chester a-Holy-head railway, 5 miles E of Conway. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Conway. Pop., 574. The property is much subdivided 'The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Asaph. Val u e, £170. Patron, the Vicar of Llandrillo-yn-Rhos. The church is very good.
Additional information about this locality is available for Colwyn Bay
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Old Colwyn has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Conwy. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Old Colwyn and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Old Colwyn, in Conwy and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 31st May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Old Colwyn".