Place:


Hincaster  Westmorland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hincaster like this:

HINCASTER, a township in Heversham parish, Westmoreland; near the Lancaster canal and the Lancaster and Carlisle railway, 4 miles S of Kendal. Acres, 770. Real property, £1, 756. Pop., 143. Houses, 26. The manor belongs to Lady Howard. A Roman station is supposed to have been here.

Hincaster through time

Hincaster is now part of South Lakeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lakeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hincaster itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hincaster, in South Lakeland and Westmorland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2458

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hincaster ".