Place:


Stocking Pelham  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stocking Pelham like this:

PELHAM-STOCKING, a parish in Bishops-Stortford district, Herts; adjacent to Essex, 5¼ miles N W of Stanstead r. station, and 6 E of Buntingford. Post-town, Buntingford. Acres, 628. Real property, £922. Pop., 126. Houses, 33. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £163.* Patron, N. Calvert, Esq. The church is good.

Stocking Pelham through time

Stocking Pelham is now part of East Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stocking Pelham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stocking Pelham in East Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2456

Date accessed: 21st November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stocking Pelham ".