In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Saltersford like this:
SALTERSFORD, a hamlet and a chapelry in Prestbury parish, Cheshire. The hamlet lies 3¾ miles S W by S of Whaley-Bridge r. station, and 5 E N E of Macclesfield; and is sometimes called Jenkins-Chapel. The chapelry includes Kettleshulme township, and bears the name of Saltersford-cum-Kettleshulme. Pop., 507. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £106. Patron, the Vicar of Prestbury.
Additional information about this locality is available for Prestbury
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Saltersford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Macclesfield. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Saltersford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Saltersford, in Macclesfield and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd December 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Saltersford".