Place:


Bygrave  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bygrave like this:

BYGRAVE, a parish in Hitchin district, Herts; on the Hitchin and Royston railway, near Icknield-street and Metley Hill, 2¼ miles NE of Baldock. Post Town, Baldock. Acres, 1,809. Real property, £2,392. Pop., 195. Houses, 40. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £377. Patron, the Marquis of Salisbury. The church is good.

Bygrave through time

Bygrave is now part of North Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bygrave itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bygrave in North Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2447

Date accessed: 26th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bygrave ".