Place:


Lache  Cheshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lache like this:

LACHE-WITH-SALTNEY, a chapelry in St. Mary-on-the-Hill parish, Cheshire, and in Hawardine parish, Flintshire; near the river Dee and the Chester and Holyhead railway, 3 miles SW of Chester. It was constituted in 1855; and its post-town is Chester. Pop. in 1861,2,194. Houses, 450. Pop. of the Hawarden portion, 1,313. Houses, 266. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £55. Patron, the Bishop of Chester. The church was repaired in 1859.

Additional information about this locality is available for Chester

Lache through time

Lache is now part of Chester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lache itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lache, in Chester and Cheshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24466

Date accessed: 22nd November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lache ".