Place:


Buckland  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Buckland like this:

BUCKLAND, a parish in Royston district, Herts; near Ermine-street and the sources of the Rib and Quin rivers, 3 miles N of Buntingford r. station. It includes the village of Chipping; and has a post office under Buntingford. Acres, 1,552. Real property, £2,164. Pop., 385. Houses, 80. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £300.* Patron, King's College, Cambridge. The church is good.

Buckland through time

Buckland is now part of East Hertfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hertfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Buckland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Buckland in East Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2446

Date accessed: 20th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Buckland ".