Place:


Woodbury Salterton  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodbury Salterton like this:

SALTERTON, or Woodbury-Salterton, a chapelry in Woodbury and Colaton-Raleigh parishes, Devon; 3 miles E of Topsham r. station. It was constituted in 1845; and its post town is Woodbury, under Exeter. Pop., 498. Houses, 100. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £133. Patron, Mrs. Thornycroft. The church is in the Doric style. There is a free school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Woodbury

Woodbury Salterton through time

Woodbury Salterton is now part of East Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodbury Salterton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodbury Salterton in East Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24448

Date accessed: 21st January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woodbury Salterton ".