Place:


Stembury  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stembury like this:

STEMBURY, a tything in Godshill parish, Isle of Wight; 6½ miles SSE of Newport. Pop., 187. The manor-house is Jacobean; and belonged to successively the De Aulas, the De Heynos, and the Worsleys.

Additional information about this locality is available for Godshill

Stembury through time

Stembury is now part of the Isle of Wight district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Wight has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stembury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stembury, in The the Isle of Wight and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24412

Date accessed: 21st November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stembury ".