In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woldingham like this:
WOLDINGHAM, a parish in God stone district, Surrey; 2¼ miles E of Caterham r. station. Post town, Croydon. Acres, 1,570. Real property, £283. Pop., 67. Houses, 8. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £120. Patron, Capt. Howard. The church is modern.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Woldingham has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Tandridge. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Woldingham and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woldingham, in Tandridge and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Woldingham".