In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bradenstoke like this:
BRADENSTOKE, a hill in Lyneham parish, Wilts; adjacent to the Wilts and Berks canal and to the Great Western railway, 5a miles SW by W of Wotton-Basset. An Augaaastinian Abbey was founded here, in 1142, by Walter D'Evereux; given, at the dissolution, to Richard Pexel; and sold by his heirs to the Methuens of Corsham. Remains of it still stand, showing features of decorated English, and are used as a farmhouse.
Additional information about this locality is available for Lyneham
Bradenstoke is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bradenstoke itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bradenstoke in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bradenstoke ".