Place:


Evesbatch  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Evesbatch like this:

EVESBATCH, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; on the E verge of the county, 5 miles SSE of Bromyard, and 5½ NW of Colwall r. station. Post town, Bishops-Frome, under Worcester. Acres, 973. Real property, £1, 804. Pop., 87. Houses, 13. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £150.* Patrons, the Heirs of the Dowager Countess of Berkeley-Charities, £9.

Evesbatch through time

Evesbatch is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Evesbatch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Evesbatch in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2429

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Evesbatch ".