Place:


Harbertonford  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harbertonford like this:

HARBERTONFORD, a hamlet and a chapelry in Harberton parish, Devon. The hamlet lies near Harberton village; has a post office designated Harbertonford, Devon; and contains the edge tool manufactory of the parish, and one of its national schools. The chapelry was constituted in 1860. Pop., 533. Houses, 119. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £170. Patron, the Vicar of Harberton.

Additional information about this locality is available for Harberton

Harbertonford through time

Harbertonford is now part of South Hams district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Hams has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Harbertonford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harbertonford, in South Hams and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24270

Date accessed: 18th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Harbertonford ".