Place:


Cove  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cove like this:

COVE, a chapelry in Tiverton parish, Devon; in Pitt quarter, near Tiverton. Post town, Tiverton. Statistics, with the parish. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Pitts-Portion, in the diocese of Exeter.

Additional information about this locality is available for Tiverton

Cove through time

Cove is now part of Mid Devon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Devon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cove itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cove in Mid Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24267

Date accessed: 24th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cove ".