Place:


Cofton  Devon

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cofton like this:

COFTON, a chapelry in Kenton parish, Devon; near the Starcross station of the South Devon railway, 6½ miles S by E of Exeter. Post town, Starcross, under Exeter. Pop., 450. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Exeter. Value, £100.* Patron, the Earl of Devon.

Additional information about this locality is available for Kenton

Cofton through time

Cofton is now part of Teignbridge district. Click here for graphs and data of how Teignbridge has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cofton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cofton, in Teignbridge and Devon | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24265

Date accessed: 15th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cofton ".