Place:


Tividale  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tividale like this:

TIVIDALE, a village in Rowley-Regis parish, Stafford; on the Birmingham canal, and at an intersection of railways, 1 mile N of Tipton. It has a post-office‡ under Tipton, two Methodist chapels, and extensive ironworks, foundries, chain-works, brick-works, collieries, and quarries; and it exports great quantities of the stone popularly called Rowley rag Pop., 1,860.

Additional information about this locality is available for Rowley Regis

Tividale through time

Tividale is now part of Sandwell district. Click here for graphs and data of how Sandwell has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tividale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tividale, in Sandwell and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24175

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tividale ".